Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This Month's eMusic Downloads

It just gets more and more enthralling, don't it. Anyway, here's what I wasted my twenty bucks for ninety tracks on this month:

Minutemen (1984) - Double Nickels on the Dime, which ate up about half of my downloads.

White Stripes- The last three tracks off Elephant (2003) - which I had been using my last couple of downloads on each month

Big Star- #1 Record/Radio City (1972, 1974)- My expectations for this record have grown oddly high, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Blind Lemon Jefferson- Match Box Blues and That Black Snake Moan. (1926-29)- I'm a sucker for old Blues albums.

David J.- V For Vendetta (1984, as far as I can tell)- an EP the bassist from Love and Rockets (he was in Bauhaus too) did, starting with the song "This Vicious Cabaret" from the comic book, which came with the music written out. Since I'm getting geared up to vivisect the film in a paper, I thought this was appropriate.

The Slits- Cut (1979)- Another album I have strangely high expectations for, but I know Greil Marcus is to blame for this one.

I'll maybe post what I think of them. All you imaginary readers, be warned.

No comments: