Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Month's eMusic Downloads (November)

The Gaslight Anthem- The '59 Sound
The Hold Steady- Almost Killed Me
The Hold Steady- Live at Schubas 3/12/04
Tom Waits- The Early Years Part II
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Original Soundtrack
Edgar Allen Floe- The Streetwise LP
Nada Surf- The Weight Is A Gift
Her Majesty- "Rebel Song (Ode to Joe Strummer)"
Mr. Lif- "Welcome To The World"
Jeff Tweedy- "James Alley Blues"

I'm beginning to think that The Hold Steady were grown in a lab with the express purpose of becoming my new favorite band.  If so, that's a mad scientist I want to meet.  Or who will one day kill me.  One or the other.

I downloaded the Her Majesty song pretty much entirely because of the title.  It's okay, but oddly enough sounds almost nothing like a Clash song.  And because I had a couple of extra downloads left.  Same with the Jeff Tweedy song.  

No comments: