Sunday, May 25, 2008

Don't Quote Me Boy, Cause I Ain't Said Shit

Sorry about the lack of activity lately. My computer has been acting up, and apparently needs a new hard drive to be content.

What I've been up to:
Reading- books about Shakespeare, specifically Stephen Greenblat's "Will In The World" and Peter Ackroyd's "Shakespeare: The Biography". I need to finish the book "Mansion on the Hill", which is about the corporate incursion into rock music. I got distracted by the Shakespeare books and need to pick this one back up.
Watching- The Wire on DVD, the season finales of 3o Rock, Lost (My bold prediction is that Locke is in the coffin. I'd almost be willing to bet on it) and The Office (fantastic season finale- so much to love about it, but I'd single out another sighting of the great Mose Schrute and Dwight convincing the new HR woman that Kevin is retarded), the movies "Iron Man" (good not great) and "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (way too long, and there was no need to invent scenes that aren't in the books to pad out the running time past the 2 hour mark) and "Clueless" in chunks on TBS. That movie is so much better than it should be.
Listening- A lot of The Pogues and Shane McGowan, the Mobb Deep song "Shook Ones Part II", which is an old song that I've been captivated by lately, the new Gnarls Barkley and Atmosphere albums, Cool Calm Pete's album "Lost", and while I was doing some editing work I couldn't stop listening to Oasis collections (specifically the greatest hits compilation "Stop the Clocks" and the B-Sides collection "The Masterplan". I really can't explain why the brothers Gallagher seemed so conducive to fixing typos.
Playing- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Bully, No More Heroes, which I picked up when I saw a used copy on sale for about 25 bucks and my curiosity about what a punk video game would really be like got the best of me, WWE: Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (although I'm still waiting for a pro wrestling video game as good as the ones for the N64 were), the download game Lostwinds on the Wii, which is really fantastic, albeit way too short.

Hopefully my computer will be fine on Tuesday, so I can resume semi-regular entries.

No comments: