Friday, August 8, 2008

Those Wacky Illuminati Protesters

Google Images has to be, like, the third greatest invention of this century. 

 I like to believe that this person has this sign in their closet, and just takes it to every protest they hear about, under the assumption that whatever there is to complain about, naturally the Illuminati are behind it, and they need to point this out.  When those Packers fan were protesting on Bret Favre's behalf outside of Lambeau Field?  The Illuminati sign was there. (Actually, I already believe that the NFL is an evil cabal with designs on world domination, so that might not be the biggest stretch...)


A playlist I put together about five minutes ago:
1. Buck 65- "Pants on Fire"
2. El-P- "Tasmanian Pain Coaster"
3. Elvis Costello- "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
4. Leonard Cohen- "I'm Your Man"
5. Liz Phair- "Ant In Alaska"
6. Nas- "Made U Look" (9th Wonder remix)
7. Neil Young- "El Dorado"
8. Pavement- "Conduit For Sale!"
9. The Pixies- "Here Comes Your Man" (Demo version)
10. Radiohead- "I Might Be Wrong"
11. The Replacements- "Can't Hardly Wait"
12. The Stones- "I Just Want To See His Face"
13. Wilco- "Ashes of American Flags"
14. Sage Francis- "Can I Kick It? Freestyle"
15. Bob Dylan- "Blind Willie McTell"
16. Beck- "Modern Guilt"
17. The Traveling Wilburys- "Tweeter And The Monkey Man"

As usual, I have no idea what those 17 songs might or might not say about my mental state at this or any other moment.

Friday night I'm going to see Wilco in Cary.  At one point, there were four of us going, but then people discovered that, through no fault of their own, that they couldn't go.  So I'm the only one.  (Well, I'm assuming that I won't be the only person at the show, but I'll be the only person I know.  Now that I think about it though, it would be pretty cool if I was the only one to show up.  I could probably convince Jeff Tweedy to just do a set of Big Star covers.  He knows he really wants to do that, but feels locked in by this whole Wilco thing.)  But it should still be awesome.  I'll probably write something about it.  

No comments: