Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I don't want my brother coming out of there with just his joystick in his hand


So I just got The Godfather game for the Wii. I had a coupon from Amazon for pre-ordering Harry Potter, and I had to spend twenty bucks to get the rebate/discount/whatever, so the game wound up costing me about twenty-three dollars. Which seemed worth it. I'm still just begining to play around with it, but I do love using the wiimote to punch people. It's just cooler than simply pushing a button. I have no idea if I'll get tired of this (either mentally or physically) after a few hours, but thus far I dig it. At any rate, it looks like it is more respectful to the Godfather legacy than number 3. (Zing! GF3 jokes are the cutting edge of cinema humor)

Metroid Prime 3 also comes out today, which I want. And I needs to get me a classic controller so I can play some SNES games with a more appropriate controller.

Also, there's a new Aesop Rock album out. I need more money to keep up this lifestyle.

"And maybe Adil has point about the machinery of capitalism being oiled with the blood of the workers" (Sorry. I'm watching season one of The Simpsons while I'm typing this up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment, but you haven't been making it easy lately; I don't have a Wii.

So I'll ask: did you like the final Harry Potter?

I just started reading Proust. I didn't mean to, but after having a dream in which my salvation/damnation depended upon remembering a plot twist in Volume III and realizing that I hadn't finished Volume I, I decided I should get back into it. 'Cause my soul may depend upon it.

And for some not-so-strange reason, Halpern was doing the soul judging (I bet he'd like that...).