Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I might have to take up running...



So, in a moment where I forgot that in, like, five days I'm heading up to New York, I went and spent ten bucks at iTunes to finally buy a copy of one of the missing pieces in my Aesop Rock collection. It's called "All Day", and it was a piece commisioned, I guess, by Nike and iTunes for their jogging iPod thing. (I'm just impressed that Nike hired an American adult instead of just getting a twelve year old Thai prodigy to write a piece of music for a dollar and thirty five cents a day.)

I'm listening to it right now, I'm about fifteen minutes into the forty-five minute piece, and, like the single "None Shall Pass", it augurs well for the album. Aesop is foremost a talented lyricist, but in the past couple of years I've become increasingly impressed with his production abilities.

I should probably be more in a Jux state of mind than I am right now, since tomorrow night El-P is coming to town, and will probably be awesome, but I've become oddly obsessed with the Replacements' song "Alex Chilton" (about the genius behind the legendary unknown Big Star rock band who rules and you should all sell your possesions to buy their albums), plus Springsteen's new live album came out yesterday, so I've been listening to that too. Throw in the Buck 65 stuff I bought at the show, and I've failed to get around to immersing myself in El-P and Hangar 18. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: