Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Notes From The Other Side



So I got my new eMusic downloads. eMusic has apparently lost their deal with Epitah records, which sucks. No more of Tom Waits recent stuff, the Coup or Sage Francis. Anyway, among the stuff I picked up:
-The new Rob Sonic album
-Of Montreal's Hissing Fauna Are You The Destroyer and the accompanying EP, in preparation for the show Friday night.
- C-Rayz Walz's 1975- Return of the Beast
- Graham Parker's covers of "Substitute" and "I'm Into Something Good"
-Mike Watt's cover of "Burning For You"
-Moves & Birdapres' Alleged Legends
-C-Rayz Walz and Parallel Thought's Chorus Rhyme
-Tortoise & Bonnie "Prince" Billy's The Brave and the Bold
-A Smithsonian/Folkways collection called Bound For Glory: A Young Dylan's Folkways Roots

I did write most of a review of the Atmosphere show, but what I wrote was mostly shit, and I don't want to put it up. I might try again tomorrow, but the short version is:
-Really crowded show
-Mac Lethal nearly stole the show
-Atmosphere played a bunch of new stuff, but did play "Angelface" and "Always Coming Back Home To You", so very cool.

I don't imagine that I'll do a write-up for the Of Montreal show, since I don't think I know enough about the band to really give anything resembling an informed opinion.

I'm going to watch Gordon Ramsey's reality/cooking show tonight. Hopefully there's more cooking this week, and less reality show angst this week, but I'm not confident. This might be the show's final chance with me. I have better stuff to do than watch a one hour program for about seven minutes of content I'm interested in*




*(Disclaimer: Rob might not actually have anything better to do)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the disclaimer.

I spent about 1 1/2 hours talking to Dr. Halpern today, and our discussion circled a bit of a weird topic (actually, several weird topics, but this one involves you): HE WANTS YOU TO E-MAIL HIM IMMEDIATELY. He misses having you in class "because you are smart" and because you made him an awesome Dylan mix CD.

I think he's worried you don't like him anymore.

Thank you for not posting details on House - I recorded it but won't watch it until tomorrow. It had better be awesome.

Rob Cauthen said...

Okay, I just sent Dr. Halpern a slightly awkard email.

Anonymous said...

And yet the man has a disarming way about him...happens when you run into a teacher who actually wants you to say whatever the hell you want to say. Within a week you'll be e-mailing him nightly.

p.s. Your blog has made it into my slightly compulsive list of websites that I must check before going to bed each night. Congratulations!

And post more blogs, slacker.