Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Shall, I Do



That pretty picture is William Blake's etching of Isaac Newton. You get the feeling that Blake wasn't a fan?

Of Montreal turned out to be a really cool show, despite the fact that I had only heard a fraction of their music (and that fraction only once or twice) and the audience seemed to have a lot of people you wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with while they claimed they never listened to "popular" music. I kid because I love (or because I'm a sad, bitter soul who resents happiness and contentment in others). I never expected to enjoy a show that includes costume changes but not David Bowie.

In other news of only limited appeal, I bought a PlayStation 2 today, which brings me up to date with technology circa 2000. The Wii is a cool system, but the limited library of games that anyone would possibly want to play was dragging me down. I'd talk about the games I picked up, but I can already feel Stacey's attention waning.

Oh, and I've started a screenplay. Right now it's titled "Fellow Travelers: A Postmodern Love Song" and theoretically begins with a quote from Allan Bloom's pretentious Jeremiad "The Closing of the American Mind". I'm having a hard time coming up with a description of it that doesn't sound like the scenario for High Fidelity, but I really don't think I've stolen too much from it. Some of the characters are very loosely (read: not particularly loosely) based on friends of mine, so the upshot of the whole deal will probably involved shopping around for new friends.

No comments: