Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Because the kids demand content


Hey.

It's been a few days since I've posted anything of consequence, but instead of right now fixing that, I'm just going to say that I've got a bunch of stuff written out in my O5R notebook that I'll be posting over the next couple of days. I haven't been busy or anything, just very lazy. I'm at work in the moment (they were so desperate that I, of all people, was called in to hold down the office) but a few quick thoughts:

-Blaze, the "new" Richard Bachman book is probably the best novel King has published under his pseudonym. It ain't The Stand, but it's much better than Running Man or The Long Walk.

-I have finished re-reading the Harry Potter books, and right now I'm actually toying with the idea of re-re-reading book 6 before Saturday, especially since I don't really want to be in the middle of a book when book 7 drops, since I'll probably spend about 12 straight hours reading that and then spend the next couple of days re-reading it, this time noticing things besides the plot.

-Season One of Psych is now out on DVD, and is worth checking out if you haven't seen it- for me it was the palate-cleansing sorbet after watching three or fours of 24 a day for a few weeks.

-The Braves really need to win tonight. Getting swept by the bloody Reds when we were this close to catching up with the Mets would just be really... really un-good.

-You just know that if Michael Vick played for the Hawks, instead of the Falcons, there would be crowds trying to burn down the NBA headquarters. I'm just saying. I just finished reading the latest AP article on Vick (or, as he was known in the dog-fighting world, "Ookie") at Yahoo sports, which had the greatest line a the bottom of the article- "Use what you learned in this article to dominate at Yahoo Fantasy Football in 2007". Which means, I suppose, draft Joey Harrington for your league.

No comments: