Friday, July 20, 2007

Quick Emmy Thoughts



I don't actually care very much about the Emmys, but I did take notice of the nominations, and I'm essentially just killing time until Harry Potter shows up tomorrow.

Obviously Sopranos deserves everything it gets. I thought the last season (or last half season, if you want to be accurate) was fantastic. I am, however, hoping that Hugh Laurie snags the acting Emmy. Gregory House is the best character on television (he moved past my second favorite, Adrian Monk, pretty quickly, actually) and Hugh Laurie's performance is the best reason to watch network television in the post-Arrested Development era. Season three was probably the weakest so far (anyone who wasn't tired of the cop storyline after the third or fourth episode is lying) but Laurie was always captivating.

I'm a little disappointed that Battlestar Galactica didn't get a nomination for best drama. In theory, the show should be utter shit, and it certainly shouldn't be one of the bastions of intelligent commentary on television.

Thank god that Family Guy didn't get nominated for outstanding animated series. However, at this point The Simpsons is getting nominations out of force of habit- Venture Brothers is much more deserving (and if Robot Chicken gets nominated, then they know Adult Swim exists). My pick here is South Park's fantastic Warcraft episode.

I had no idea there even was an emmy for commercials. That's a little strange.

Anyway, the nominations are here.

No comments: