Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Famous


Ladies (and Stacey) and Gentlemen (and Keith), I have finally made it to the big time. Provided that by "big time", you mean having an email read on the air in Washington DC talk radio. Tony Kornheiser, best known for the magnificent show Pardon The Interruption, has a daily radio show. However, he went off the air about ten days ago, and is currently replaced by a radio host named David Burd. And on Monday's show, my email correcting Burd on Jimmy Chamberlain's membership in the current Smashing Pumpkins line-up was read on the air. How can Hollywood not be the next stop?

Of course, being slightly lame, I've listened to the segment about four times today on the podcast (available at iTunes- the Tony Kornheiser show podcast, Monday's edition, about five minutes before the end. Not that I'm suggesting anything).

In order to fully demonstrate the importance of my big celebrity moment, I figured you should all see the picture of me with the Stanley Cup (a personal friend, I might add).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, alright. I'm going to go to iTunes and sign up so I can listen. But I swear, if they start sending me junk mail, I'm going to start posting it here in your blog comments.

And you shouldn't have posted that picture of the Stanley Cup; I get shy around him...

Anonymous said...

I saw them, and that wasn't Jimmy Chamberlain. It was a cardboard cutout hooked up to a drum machine.

Rob Cauthen said...

Ah, but it wasn't a cardboard cutout of Matt Walker, was it? (The ability to make me look like I knew off the top of my head the name of Chamberlain's replacement is part of why I love wikipedia.)

iTunes, as I recall, has an option to check off to keep from getting spam- the only emails they send me are receipts.