Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Moving Picture Shows Are More Popular Than Ever


So I wound up back at the closing Hollywood Video store, and my self-control vanished. Here's what I wound up buying:

Don't Look Now- One of my favorite movies (and one of Nicholas Halpern's favorites), a British horror movie that you should model your life on.

The King of Comedy- A Martin Scorsese film that I've been looking for for years.

Down By Law- Criterion Collection 2-Disc version. Jarmusch (pictured) and Tom Waits and John Lurie and awesomeness.

Peeping Tom- Another Criterion Collection offering, another British horror movie.
Tokyo Drifter- A third Criterion Collection, a Japanese gangster movie, what the French New Wave would have looks like in Japan.

A 2 disc collection of Bruce Springsteen videos.

Too bad tonight is House night, so I can't really dive into them yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Ralph get Uncle Buck?

Anonymous said...

How is Peeping Tom? A friend told me: good.

Rob Cauthen said...

"Did Ralph get Uncle Buck?"

Yeah, I think that was in his stack of Steve McQueen movies.

"How is Peeping Tom?"

Awesome. It's the Hitchcock film that Hitchcock didn't make.