Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Music Stuff


Saul Williams, a spoken word/slam poet of considerable talent, has taken a page from Radiohead's playbook with his new album. He's offering his album The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust (I'm not sure, but I think that just might be a David Bowie reference) on the internet, either for five dollars, or for free. It's produced by Trent Reznor (which makes sense, since Saul was on a couple of tracks on Reznor's Year Zero album).

Oh, and Buck 65's new album is out. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, just the track I heard at the show and the track on one of the mixtapes he was selling at the show. Which reminds me, Buck is coming to the Cradle in a couple of weeks and everyone should go. If you don't, it's like a hate crime against all of Canadia. You don't hate the Maple Leaf state, do you?

Oh, and I think this post is the actual hundredth post. I thought it had happened earlier, but the little counter I was going by included drafts of things I never posted. So, yeah. Attention has been paid. Right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you read the More Info page on Saul's website? There is a sense in which it is more information, but there is another more compelling sense in which it is a poem about middlemen. It does, for example, rhyme. Generally, it uses sort of an AAB,CCB pattern, but he leaves out the rhymes inside the lines sometimes when it's more convenient that way.