Monday, October 15, 2007

There Was Supposed To Be A Picture of Morbius, the Living Vampire, next to this post.

My point is that Hollywood needs to find a song besides Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open The Door" to use. It's in the tv commercial for the new Steve Carell movie. It was used in the commercial for the Adam Sandler remake of "Mr. Deeds Goes To Town". It was used in Grosse Point Blank. According to Wikipedia it was also used in "Click", "Along Came Polly", "Evan Almighty", "Jersey Girl" and "Look Who's Talking". I like the song as much as the next guy, but this is getting silly. I'd complain that they never use my favorite Who song, but it was the title for a movie earlier this year...

Anyway, I went to a whole bunch of shows lately. As I alluded to earlier, I was disappointed by the Ninth Wonder album release party, but I enjoyed the Michael Franti and Spearhead show on Friday night (and well into Saturday morning) and the Del show on Saturday was good, even if Del's set was almost indistinguishable from his show last year.

Flipping through the channels, Master P is complaining about the negative image of hip hop in regards to T.I. being arrested. There's like 3 things wrong with this.

I've been really lazy about reading lately (blame the backlog of games for my PS2and the general failure of any books I've picked up lately to really grab me), which is why I haven't mentioned it lately. I have, however succeeded (I think) in getting my mother to start watching my DVDs of Arrested Development. These facts have nothing to do with one another. Neither fact has anything to do with my amazement that the announcers are still talking about Dice-K's alleged "Gyroball", which I thought we had finished discussing in early may. Of course, no one ever accused McCarver of being on top of things.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for credit for correctly calling Al Gore winning a Nobel prize. I don't care if I read the rumor on the internet and then merely retyped what I had just read. I still deserve dap for that. In a completely unrelated digression, I don't believe all that much in omens (at least, not all that much for a sports fan) but I can't help but think that Sidney Lowe beginning to wear his National Championship ring is a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but think that maybe Master P should focus more on his own family members who are making hip hop look bad. For instance, his brother, C-Murder who is on trial for, wait for it, murder.

Keith