Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Few Quick Things



1- I saw Juno the other day. I really liked it. Best movie set (in part) in a high school since Rushmore. (Although Rushmore is better. But, of course, Rushmore is better than like 90 percent of all the other movies).

2- The Maharshi who the Beatles were briefly fascinated by died the other day. The best story I've heard about him was when John Lennon decided to leave the ashram, and the maharshi asked Lennon why. Lennon replied, "If you're so mystical, why don't you tell me" (or words to that effect.) Proof that Ringo was the secret smartest Beatle: he was the first to leave India and return to England.

3- I'm not surprised that Duke beat UNC. I'm just upset that what I was rooting for (the roof collapsing) once again failed to happen. But there's still the chance that when the teams play again Cameron Indoor Stadium's structural integrity is overestimated. (I'm only slightly kidding.)

4- I've begun reading Johnny Cash's second autobiography, and it's a much more interesting read than his first autobiography, which was written more as a testimonial tract than an honest life story (I mean, he mentioned God on nearly every page, but never bothered to tell one anecdote about Bob Dylan. This is an example of messed up priorities if I ever saw one.)

5- Which family would you rather be a part of- The Sopranos, or the Fisher family from Six Feet Under?

No comments: