Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Idiots of Mensa


So, Mensa put together their list of the smartest tv shows of all time. Nevermind that this is a stupid idea. Pay attention to how stupid some of their selections are. The list is:




Frasier
House
The West Wing
Boston Legal
Jeopardy!
Cosmos
CSI
All In The Family
Mad About You
M*A*S*H

Does anyone (outside of the idiots at Mensa) really believe that CSI is a "smarter" show than The Simpsons or Futurama? Or that Mad About You is smarter than The Sopranos or The Wire? Is Boston Legal really smarter than The Office, Arrested Development or Twin Peaks? And as much as I love House, is it really "smart" just because the writers ransack med school textbooks for the dialogue?

I can't wait for their list of smartest books that includes "The Da Vinci Code" and "The Hunt For The Red October".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! This blog post is awesome. As a closet member of Mensa, I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't know about "the list". The only show that has any merit -- in my humble and idiotic opinion -- is House. I can't believe members of my so-called kin didn't even vote for Arrested Development to be on “the list”. How embarrassing…

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to test my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Norman