Sunday, April 8, 2007

Woke Up This Morning...



The Sopranos is back tonight. Which rules everything. Not that I'm raising my hopes to unrealistic levels or anything... I mean, how hard can it be to sum up six seasons of the greatest television show ever made into nine episodes while at the same time offering up epic and deeply meaningful conclusions to a set of characters who mean more to millions of Americans than their acutal family? Eh. At least it only has to be better than Godfather III to satisfy most of us. I wonder if we're going to see a body count rivaling the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan, but I kind of doubt it. I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Tony will someone wind up still standing (even if it's standing by himself in Arizona like Ray Liotta at the end of Goodfellas...)

The Braves won again today. This puts them into first place for the first time since, like, 2005. God it feels good to be back where we belong. If Mike Hampton hadn't hurt himself again I would be pathetically optimistic by now. Johan Santana is still God turned into a lefthander, Pujols broke out of the doldrums that Baseball Tonight (oddly on this morning while I was skipping church) reported on. And I have no fucking idea why Major League Baseball schedules games in Cleveland this time of the year. Why the hell did Tampa Bay get a team if they aren't going to be used for a warm-weather stadium early and late in the season? God knows it wasn't so they could play baseball.

I read that Grindhouse had a disappointing opening weekend. Who the hell did the studios expect to see a three hour inside joke? I mean, I have to personaly represent two or three percent of the intended audience, and I didn't make it to the theater this weekend. (I still have every intention of seeing this movie, but I'm not sure who I can con into seeing it with me.)

No comments: